Guemes Ferry Safety Tips
Guemes Ferry Safety Tips
Guemes Ferry Safety Tips In an effort to provide safe service to their passengers, they as that you observe the following Guemes Ferry Safety Tips.
Source: Skagit County Public Works ~ Back of the PEAK 2015 Schedule & Fares (effective May 20, 2015 thru Sept 30, 2015)
1. In case of emergency, please follow crew instructions.
We provide training to our crew for anticipated emergencies. Your cooperation and assistance during such occurrences will be greatly appreciated. Your safety is our concern! Please read the emergency procedures posted in the passenger compartment.
2. Please do not drive aboard the ferry with children on the driver’s lap.
Even a slight misjudgment could result in damage or injury.
3. Please do not use cellular phones during loading or unloading.
4. When driving on the ferry after dark, please use only your parking lights.
Bright lights make the loading process difficult for the crew.
5. Passengers must not jump on or off the ferry before it is secured and the ramp is completely down.
Please wait until directed to embark/disembark. Any slip or movement of the ferry could result in injury.
6. Please shut off your engine and set the emergency brake in your vehicle.
At no time shall engines be allowed to be left running during the crossing.
7. Minimize walking between cars, especially during loading, unloading, and landings.
A hard landing or wake could result in movement of the ferry and cars, thus threatening possible injury for people who may be in between vehicles.
8. Keep car doors closed until the vessel is loaded.
The opening of doors in a lane being loaded or the passengers on deck during loading can result in delays, damage, or injury.
9. Please respect the clear zone at the ends of the ferry.
The crew needs room to open the gates, secure the vessel, and operate the ramps. Extra persons in this area during landing can result in undue hazards. Clear zones are designated in yellow on the deck.
10. Walk-on passengers should wait for the traffic signal or the crew member’s signal at the head of the dock.
Boarding walk-on passengers should not be on the bridge structure while the ferry is landing or when the bridge is being raised or lowered. Further, by standing back and waiting for the “green” light, conflicts are minimized between boarding and disembarking passengers.
11. Please park bicycles and motorcycles where directed by the crew.
Motorcyclists must remain with their bike at all times. Please be prepared to keep your bike stable during the crossing and in changing conditions.
12. Keep all animals on leashes.
13. Walk-on passengers please remain in the designated passenger waiting areas until directed by the crew.
Guemes Ferry Safety Tips Flyer